It is a real story!
There is a group of junior high school friends, all living in Kobe. They are are going to meet in a house of one of the girls for a birthday “sleep-over”. They had a “planning meeting” a couple of days ago. They made a schedule for the party. It goes like this:
1) 2p.m. Arrive at Ayane’s house.
2) Relax (15-20 minutes).
3) Talk about school (20 minutes).
4) Do jun-ken. Two people go to Toho to buy snacks while others tidy up and plan activities.
5) Come back safely.
6) Akari teaches dance moves for AKB-48 (one song only allowed).
7) Jigsaw puzzles.
8) Pot luck. (持ち寄りparty)
9) Clean up and wash dishes.
10) Watch DVD. Please vote on your choice.
11) Free-time (15 minutes)
12) Snacks and talking (any subject allowed).
13) Naoko’s birthday party.
14) Draw straws to go in bath.
15) Go in bath (15 minutes each pair).
14) Go to sleep when you are ready.
The next day is similarly mapped out.
After reading the text, think of the questions below and write an answer to ONE of them (5-10 sentences):
1. What is your opinion about planning a teenagers’ party in such a way?
2. What kind of parties do you like most?
3. Make your own sentences with the words written in bold.